Hunger Games excitement! (with video!)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A few years ago I happened to watch the MTV Video Music Awards (don't judge) and saw Panic! At The Disco being introduced by Fall Out Boy.  Pete Wentz mentioned that when he heard Panic!'s song "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" he wished he had written it.  When Panic! later collected a moon man trophy, they expressed how honored they were to hear that from another band they considered highly talented.  It was a great moment that stuck with me.

When I first read Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games, I understood what Pete Wentz was talking about.  I loved everything about the book - the world, the themes, the characters, the plot.  It all worked.  It all resonated with me in such an honest, forceful way.  I wanted to live and breathe that story, and all I could think about was "I wish I had written that."

In no way is my compliment to the esteemed Suzanne Collins on the same level as having (the then uber-popular) Fall Out Boy publicly admire a new artist.  But I think we all have those moments when a piece of art connects to a very personal part of ourselves in such a way that we feel we could have created that piece.  And then we wish that we had.  That's what The Hunger Games was for me.

Needless to say, I am so excited for the movie version to arrive.  A friend linked to this fan video on her Facebook page, and I have to admit that I cried a few tears.  It's a great piece, and I can't wait to see how the feature turns out.

1 comment:

T.B. said...

I loved The Hunger Games series! Mockingjay was my favorite out of the three. I also can't wait for the movie! I think Suzanne Collins is writing the screenplay herself actually. But, I'm not sure.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please don't hesitate to comment. Good or bad, inspired reflection or spontaneous babble - I love them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Poet's Keepsakes kit by Lorie Davison
Related Posts with Thumbnails