The read-a-thon is just about complete! Thank you to Amanda at On a Book Bender for hosting this fun challenge. I did not make as much progress as I would have liked, but that's okay. No new books for me I guess.
Here was my planned list:
1) Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (review due 9/12)
I couldn't finish this before its due date, so I'm picking a new book.
2) Goliath by Scott Westerfeld (although I may have to abandon this one too because Galley Grab is not playing nice with my new Nook)
3) Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren (because why haven't I read it yet? It's getting dusty and that is UNACCEPTABLE.)
4) Lover Unbound by J. R. Ward (I've started this one and now just need to finish it)
5) To be determined (something spontaneous that I want to read in the moment)
Here's what I actually read:
1) Lover Unbound by J. R. Ward
This took forever and a day to finish because I just wasn't feeling it. It didn't exactly set the tone for the week.
2) Starstruck by Cyn Balog
This was a tour book that arrived mid-week, which I decided to power through this weekend. Very enjoyable!
3) Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren (partial)
I got almost to the midway point today, but I have a lot more reading to do if I want to finish it in time to get the review up on Thursday. GULP.
4) Goliath by Scott Westerfeld (partial)
Here's the thing about Goliath: my Nook hates it. The beautiful artwork dotted throughout the book causes my Nook to crash out to the home screen, which makes reading it slow going. I read a little on my laptop today, and that's going to be how I finish it if I want to read it before it releases. At this point, I'm thinking of scratching and just pre-ordering a copy to read when it comes out. I am thoroughly annoyed with my Nook at the moment and it is negatively affecting my enjoyment of this book. Grrr.
So that's it. Two whole books. That's basically what I would read anyway, so I'm feeling like a total loser/failure. I also had to drop off the face of the blogging planet this week because I had so much going on, so I didn't even get to enjoy the Twitter updates or giveaways as much as I had hoped. Woe is me!
I hope all of you fared better than I did. I had a great week trying to get books read, and I did manage to catch up on my reviews. I now have a review completed and scheduled for every book I've read, which is a big load off. On to a new week!
Amazingly beautiful and painstakingly crafted signature courtesy of Small Review