Waterfall Wednesday (4)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011


Hosted by Tina at Tina's Book Reviews, Missie at The Unread Reader, Joy & Serena at Edgy Inspirational Romance, Nic at Irresistible Reads and Jenny from Supernatural Snark, each week we'll be reading and discussing a set of chapters from the book. There will be prizes for participants, so click the button for more information and to sign up!

Discussion Questions for Chapters 18-23

1. Gabi and Lia both face several life and death situations in these chapters, having to pick up weapons in defense of those they love and experiencing first hand the brutality of close combat. If you had the choice between picking up a weapon and standing on the front lines or staying behind to tend to the wounded as necessary, which would you choose?


I am a walking contradiction on this one. I always loved the idea of the military, and really really wanted to become a Marine for a while, but when I think about this scenario I would be much more comfortable behind the scenes. I have no desire to be caught on the front lines, thank you very much. I'll just enjoy the hard-fought rewards combat buys me.

2. Both girls get to wear extraordinary gowns to their victory celebration; what would your dream medieval gown look like?

I always wanted a sumptuous velvet dress, preferably with as much gold trim as possible. If I could be dripping in jewels that would also be acceptable.

3. Gabi has crude stitches put in and must endure both their removal as well as the cauterization of the wound. How is your threshold for pain? Do you think you would have simply gritted your teeth as Gabi does?

I have a pretty high pain tolerance, actually. I can take a lot. That said - I am a baby when it comes to anticipating pain. If I know it's coming it puts the fear of God in me, but after it starts I'm usually just fine. Maybe they work in tandem - I freak out so much that the reality never lives up to the hype?

4. Marcello wants to properly court Gabi after they express mutual feelings of affection, wanting to speak with her mother about his intentions. What do you think is the most romantic aspect of medieval courtship?

I think the feeling of being pursued would be nice. Not that this doesn't happen today, but there are certainly more ways for women to express their feelings. I think just knowing that a man had to come to you and beg you to be with him would be kind of cool.

5. Gabi and Lia find themselves with conflicting desires toward the end with Lia wanting to return home and Gabi hoping to stay. Do you think that Gabi is being unfair to Lia for wanting to stay, or is Lia being unfair to Gabi for demanding they go? A little of both?

I'm Team Lia on this one. No way would I be convinced to stay in medieval Italy just because my sister thought she was in love. Love you sis, but no. I'd tell her to suck it up and find a modern man. It's been a fun trip, we've got lots of nice memories, but let's get back to civilization. Sorry Gabs.


Amazingly beautiful and painstakingly crafted signature courtesy of Small Review

4 comments:

Gina @ My Precious said...

You actually wanted to be a Marine? Wow, you got guts gal! I'd rather be in the background helping the wounded.

I'm with you, Team Lia, there is NO WAY a guy would keep me living in those times (and conditions!)

Jenny said...

LOVED your answer to the pain question Logan, that's exactly how I feel! I freak out at the sight of tourniquets and needles knowing they mean nothing good for me, but once I get stuck I'm usually fine. Usually:)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Totally agree. Anticipating pain is the worst!

And if my sister saw me acting like Gabi, she slap me silly then hurl me through that portal. Yup, she is a great sister. :)

Aylee said...

How interesting that you wanted to be a marine! And I'm totes Team Lia too. Even if Gabi didn't have a gaping hole in her side in need of serious medical attention, I would still insist on going back home if I was her sister.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please don't hesitate to comment. Good or bad, inspired reflection or spontaneous babble - I love them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Poet's Keepsakes kit by Lorie Davison
Related Posts with Thumbnails