It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme run by Sheila at Book Journey, where we share the books we read and/or reviewed last week and what's on deck for this week. Now Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts have started an offshoot for kidlit fans: It's Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA. I just had to check it out!
- I finished Jodi Meadows' Incarnate. I hate to admit it, but it didn't live up to the hype for me.
- I started, and abandoned, Joe Abercrombie's The Heroes. Don't get me wrong - it's a good book. I just don't have time to read such a long book right now.
- I started Kate Klimo's Daughter of the Centaurs. I'm not loving it.
- Read Hounded by Kevin Hearne.
Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old—when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.
- Start Airborn by Kenneth Oppel.
In a swashbuckling adventure reminiscent of Jules Verne and Robert Louis Stevenson, Kenneth Oppel, author of the best-selling Silverwing trilogy, creates an imagined world in which the air is populated by transcontinental voyagers, pirates, and beings never before dreamed of by the humans who sail the skies.
Yes, these are the same as last week. I didn't have as much time to read as I thought! I did start Hounded today, and so far it's amazing.