TGIF at GReads! (16) & Weekly Recap

Friday, February 17, 2012

This Friday blog hop is run by Ginger at GReads! (who also created this beautiful button). Every Friday you can answer a new question and recap your week. Click the button to join in!

This week's question is:

Book Blogger Pride:
What do you take pride in when it comes to blogging?

I take pride in the quality of my reviews. I try not to slap something together just to get it up on the blog. I like taking time to reflect on what I'm reading, then putting my thoughts into a format that hopefully gives people an idea of what to expect from a book. I review so that people will want to check out the books that I'm reading, and enjoy them as much as I do!

*EDIT* Okay, everyone is writing such nice things that now I feel like the asshat who didn't get the assignment. I'm the girl in Drop Dead Gorgeous who wore the Biggest Ball of Twine costume. So here's my postscript:

I also take pride in the fact that my blog paved the way for me to meet some pretty amazing people and learn SO MUCH about YA fiction. Without this blog, I wouldn't know half the stuff I do about the types of stories I like, who is publishing what books when, which authors go the extra mile, the generosity of readers, and how fawesomely individual we all can be while hanging out together in this cool little niche in the corner of the blogosphere.

That's pretty damn amazing.


My weekly recap is inspired by the phenomenally talented, kind and generous Small Review. If you are not already following her, you are really missing out. Also, have I mentioned how much I love Cool Text? They're the folks that allow me to make these cool (and simple) text buttons - for FREE!

If you're a first time visitor, or just didn't get the chance to stop by this week, here's what you missed:

Reviews
INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows
3/5 stars
Debut Author Challenge

HOUNDED by Kevin Hearne
4/5 stars
First in a Series Challenge

SCARLET by A. C. Gaughen
5/5 stars
Debut Author Challenge
YA Historical Fiction Challenge

Enjoy your weekend everybody!

5 comments:

TP said...

Fantastic response - I think it does show when people put time into doing the things that they do, like reviews, lists etc.

Alexa S. said...

Writing great reviews is always something to be proud of. I'm always working to improve my review writing style in the hopes that it appeals to the people who stumble across my blog :)

Jennifer @ Bad Bird Reads said...

LOL. Don't feel stupid. I think taking pride in quality book reviews is great. Love your answer. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

Anonymous said...

Wonderful answer. Glad to have found your blog!

BURIED IN BOOKS said...

Totally agree with you about meeting people and learning all about the YA genre and authors. I'd be lost without blogging!

Heather

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please don't hesitate to comment. Good or bad, inspired reflection or spontaneous babble - I love them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Poet's Keepsakes kit by Lorie Davison
Related Posts with Thumbnails