As part of The All Male Review Challenge, I'm featuring some of our male book blogger friends in this new interview feature: The Man Behind the (Blog) Mask. Each blogger answered the same 7 questions so that we can all get to know them a bit better. The men of the book blogging community are interesting, charming, funny, witty, and some of the best all around bloggers! If you like what you read here, be sure to check out their blogs - you won't be disappointed.
My guest today is Brent from Naughty Book Kitties!
1) Tell us a little about your blog - when you started, what your focus is, why you do it, etc.
I’m Brent, and I blog about all types of kidlit over at Naughty Book Kitties. I blog because, obviously, I love books, and I love discussing them and letting other people in on the loop on what’s hot and what’s not.
2) Book blogging seems pretty heavy on the females. Do you think being a male blogger has any advantages or disadvantages?
A good blog is a good blog. It doesn’t matter if you’re male or female, in my opinion. I hope my readers subscribe to Naughty Book Kitties because of the content, and not just because I’m a boy.
3) Do you read a lot of books with male protagonists? Why or why not?
Actually, I don’t. Just because of the simple fact that not a lot of them are being published. But I do recommend BREAK and INVINCIBLE SUMMER by Hannah Moskowitz!
4) Give us three books you consider "must reads."
Oh, being a reader is SO CHALLENGING. Just three?
(1) THE CARRIE DIARIES by Candace Bushnell
(2) SING YOU HOME by Jodi Picoult
(3) TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee
5) If you could be any literary character, who would you be and why?
Honestly, I would never want to be a character from a book. The things they go through!
6) When you're not reading or blogging, what are you most likely doing?
Cleaning, not doing my homework, tanning, laughing, cleaning some more. Oh, and sometimes I remind myself to eat.
7) Share an interesting/weird/random/funny fact about yourself with us.
I’m a terrible driver.
Thanks for sharing with us! You can follow Brent at Naughty Book Kitties and on Twitter @NaughtyBlogging.