Just post your own list, link back to The Broke and the Bookish, and add your link to the linky tool to participate!
Today they're celebrating their blogoversary, so we're all celebrating the Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Book Blogger/Bookish Person!
1. Sharing my opinion. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it when people listen to and enjoy what I have to say. I love reading comments from people who actually care about what I wrote. Awesome!
2. Meeting new people. Though I don't know any of you personally, I still consider many of you friends. I like having friends in all areas of the country and world, with all different backgrounds. I would never meet you without blogging!
3. Expanding my horizons. I love the exposure book blogging brings for new books. I can follow people who read totally different genres or who have different tastes in characters, plots, and themes. I love the variety.
4. Getting to know authors. The other benefit of online access is chatting with authors as well as book lovers.
5. Being a cheerleader. The best part about ARCs is that I get to be a part of the publicity machine. That is so much fun, especially when I love the book through and through.
6. Book recommendations. I finally have a place to go to get good book recommendations! I used to stumble blindly through libraries and bookstores. Now I know what I'm getting into before I even walk inside.
7. Publishing news. As a blogger, I feel like I have a direct line into book marketing and publicity, so I get the inside scoop on when covers and books are released.
8. The excuse to write. I love putting together blog posts, thinking about what I'm trying to communicate, and reading the finished product. It keeps me working my writing brain even if I'm not working on my fiction.
9. Memes. That said, sometimes I don't want to have to think about what to write. Thank you, memes!
10. The excuse to read. More than anything, I love book blogging because I can read with a purpose. It's not just about learning more about the market, or craft, or even reading for fun. I like that I read now not only to enjoy the book, but so I can talk about if afterward. It's like a fun book club that happens every day!
What do you like about book blogging or being a book fan?
Amazingly beautiful and painstakingly crafted signature courtesy of Small Review