Waiting on Wednesday - Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I’m still a bit scatterbrained from the end of school, so I’m keeping it simple this week. I meant to have some different posts ready, but with graduation and family I was kept more busy than I expected! I should be back to regular posts next week.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme run by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we discuss the books we're anxiously awaiting for release.




Book: Audition
Author: Stasia Ward Kehoe
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Release Date: October 13, 2011

Summary from Goodreads: Once you've been chosen, what step can you take?

Seventeen-year-old Sara's dream of becoming a star ballerina is challenged when she falls for Remington, an older choreographer. Instead of success onstage, she becomes Rem's muse, which is a future she never considered--and one that threatens to break her heart.


STAGE DRAMA!!! As a former dancer and actor, I’m a sucker for stories about the stage. The title alone had me clamoring to get my greedy paws on this one. Audition = immediate buy. That tells me it’s going to be about an audition, presumably for a prestigious art program, and therefore I want it. Now.

The cover is a bit boring to me, but the bun gave me all the information I needed. BALLET! YES! Then I read the summary as “17…star ballerina…love.” And then I stopped reading. I don’t need to know anything else. They could have saved themselves the copy room and just written “A 17 year old ballerina falls in love with her choreographer. Hard decisions follow.”

I still would have snatched the book from the shelf and run to the coffee shop to start reading. Or done that awkward slow crumple to the ground right in front of the shelf while devouring the first pages before purchase. You know, where you start reading, but your feet get tired, so you decide to sit, but without really looking for a chair, so you eventually find yourself cross-legged on the ground halfway through the book and your butt has gone numb?

That’s me with this book. Or at least, it will be.

If you love audition/performing arts stories as much as I do, author Stasia Ward Kehoe is running a blog called A Year of Auditions where bloggers and authors are sharing their audition stories. It’s a lot of fun and I recommend you check it out.

What do you think of the cover? The summary? Are you as excited about this book as I am?

4 comments:

Leia-Ann said...

STAGE DRAMA? SQUEEEEEE! I would have gone into musical theater if I was able to handle the financial insecurity. (I'm not. :( )

Must have this book, thanks for featuring it! I also pine for new Stage Drama movies - my copies of Center Stage, Save the Last Dance, Fame and Flashdance is getting a bit worn.

Small Review said...

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!

I'm torn on this book. It looks like it'll be all sexy times, but....does he wear tights? Cause, erm, I don't think I can lust after a guy wearing tights (it's TOTALLY different when it's historical fiction. Those aren't tights, they're period-appropriate hose. And they have swords and do battle).

The mid-read collapse and butt numb! I've totally done that!! See, you are so my bosom friend. :)

Alison Can Read said...

I'm super excited for this book too. I love dance related books - even though I'm the world's worst dance.

Logan E. Turner said...

@Scribal Goddess - I was also unable to forgive the financial insecurity of the stage life. And DITTO on the worn copies of stage drama movies!

@Cory - Thanks! You've got a great blog too!

@Smalls - You have to think of ballet tights as the equivalent to period appropriate hose. That's kind of what they were going for. And it shows off their bulgy...muscles.

@Alison - Sadly I haven't read many dance books. I do see all of the movies though.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please don't hesitate to comment. Good or bad, inspired reflection or spontaneous babble - I love them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Poet's Keepsakes kit by Lorie Davison
Related Posts with Thumbnails