Book Bloggers and Publishers Online Conference

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Book Bloggers & Publishers Online Conference


Today is the beginning of the Book Bloggers and Publishers Online Conference. It's a five day conference of live online chats covering almost everything you've ever wanted to know about book blogging or publishing. The sessions include an audio and chat component, and they are all recorded. If you want to attend live, you can call in with questions for the panel. If you can't attend live, you can access the recordings of the sessions for 60 days after the conference.

Last night there was a brief opening test session, and there were about 30 of us listening and chatting. I saw some old faces and met some new ones. I'm really excited to see how this conference turns out, and am sure I'm going to learn a lot and make some new bloggy friends.

The conference takes place at a private ning site, and after you register you're given a link to complete your registration. The forums are already up and running, and there are places to link your blog or individual reviews for critique, as well as discussions about design, publicity, giveaways, genres, and many more.

Registration is still open! The cost is $45 for the conference, and all participants will receive free books generously provided by participating publishers. You send a list of the titles you want to the organizers, they tell you the cost for shipping and you get free books! Easy peasy. There's also a large selection of ebooks if you don't want to deal with shipping costs.

Are any of you attending? If so, I'll see you there. If not, come join us! I think it will be well worth it.

4 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

I'm attending. :) I missed last night, though, but I'm hoping to pop in over the next few days, and I'll definitely be listening to the chats I missed later.

Gina @ My Precious said...

I wish they had daily sign ups, I'd love to join today's conference, but I'm working a 12 hr shift on Thurs and traveling to Seattle on Friday. Darn, I just can't pay $45 and miss 2/3 of the conference. Its sounds really informative and fun though. Thanks for the heads up! Maybe next time?

Small Review said...

$45 is too far out of my price range right now, but I've been so tempted by this conference. Maybe I can pick your brain later :)

Alison Can Read said...

Wow! I didn't know about this. I'll have to look it up, although I don't know if I can afford $45 right now.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please don't hesitate to comment. Good or bad, inspired reflection or spontaneous babble - I love them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Poet's Keepsakes kit by Lorie Davison
Related Posts with Thumbnails