In My Mailbox (9)

Thursday, April 14, 2011


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme devoted to sharing the new books we've received, borrowed, or bought. For more information, visit IMM's fantastic host, The Story Siren. You can visit other blogs that are participating in this week’s IMM here.



Won:

WITHER by Lauren DeStefano - Goodreads | Amazon
THE DARK DIVINE by Bree Despain - Goodreads | Amazon | My Review

Thank you to I Eat Words and Reading Under the Influence!

Bought on sale at Borders:

INK EXCHANGE by Melissa Marr - Goodreads | Amazon
WONDROUS STRANGE by Lesley Livingstone - Goodreads | Amazon
AURELIA by Anne Osterlund - Goodreads | Amazon
THE SEASON by Sarah MacLean - Goodreads | Amazon
PERSONAL DEMONS by Lisa Desrochers - Goodreads | Amazon
OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon - Goodreads | Amazon

Fairies, Regency, and Scotsmen - OH MY!

Bought for Kindle:


FREE! These books are free for Kindle right now. How could I resist? Plus the sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelopes comes out this month, AND it takes the reader on a jaunt through Europe. Um, OKAY!



Duuuuuuuhhhhhhhh. Given how much I loved the last one, OF COURSE I got this one pre-ordered. I still haven't read it yet, though, so shhh.

9 comments:

Gina @ My Precious said...

What a grand mailbox you have this week. Thanks for the freebies tip, I'd already picked up Wings but I clicked over to Amazon.com and picked up 13 Little Blue Envelopes thanks for the tip!

Shirley said...

Congratulations on your wins!! Enjoy!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Cute deer headband Logan. Very fitting for this time of year.

Hmm... I'd say that Aurelia looks a bit historical. Looking forward to your thoughts on that one.

Have fun with your fairy kick. ;)

Emma said...

Aurelia looks amazing! You picked up some great books this week, and your headband is too cute : )

Steph (Poetry to Prose) said...

Yay, so many good books! I especially hope you enjoy Wither when you get around to it. Adorable headband! :D

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

Wondrous Strange is good. I read it recently and really enjoyed it. I'm posting my review either tomorrow or Saturday! You've got some great books there. Hope you enjoy!

Small Review said...

You winked at us!! Logan, you are too cool. :) I also want to reach into your vlog and pet that cute little deer. Except that would be weird, right? :P

Congrats on your wins!! I'm really looking forward to seeing where you fall on the Wither divide. I also can't wait to see your thoughts on Wondrous Strange. That book was recommend to me so many times after I posted my Iron Fey reviews and now I'm...tempted.

I started reading Aurelia and The Season but I had to return both of them after only 20 pages or so. I liked what I read of them both. I think Aurelia was set in "made up fantasy medieval world" but I'm not sure if there are any magical elements. The Season had a very modern voice if I remember correctly. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on both of them. Happy reading!

Logan E. Turner said...

@Gina - I can't get enough free books. Glad to spread the love!

@Shirley - Thank you!

@Missie - I thought so. I'm so very clever, after all. ;) I'm excited to read Aurelia. I do wish that before I started speaking, however, that I could figure out what the book is about so I don't sound so ignorant.

@Emma - Thanks! Everyone is so excited about Aurelia. I read a review for it somewhere that made it sound awesome, which is why I picked it up.

@Stephanie - Me too! I'm looking forward to reading that one.

@Sara - Great! I can't wait to read your take on it!

@Smalls - I was hoping no one noticed that! Gawd I'm so cheesy. As soon as I did it I felt embarrassed.

I've seen mixed reviews on Wondrous Strange, so I'm hesitant. I hope they all turn out great, but I'm not sure that's likely. :)

Small Review said...

Wink with pride, Logan. Wink with pride. ;)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please don't hesitate to comment. Good or bad, inspired reflection or spontaneous babble - I love them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Poet's Keepsakes kit by Lorie Davison
Related Posts with Thumbnails